Do Skills fade away with Time . .

Okay. So after staring the blank screen for so long, I've come up with a conclusion : To reduce the blink rate of my cursor. Its just plain annoying when am trying to think of something to write and this tiny line, blinks it away! :-/  Well, coming back to what am I up to.  

The day has come. The most fretted day. The day I start hating my Computer. I don't enjoy turning it on the first thing in the morning anymore. Its not a shock though. I started staying offline to avoid chats for a long time ; I stopped updating statuses, I don't fret about the Likes & Comments, and I knew it was over. Its not that don't want to talk to a particular person or I'm avoiding someone. People get me wrong. :-(  I lost interest, and it just doesn't impress me anymore.This silver piece of junk has swallowed so many days of my life, made me wear a Titan eye+ - which I don't wear - so the power should have deteriorated further, made me abandon my quality time with mom watching TV shows together, miss so many India matches, and now has gifted me with a permanent headache which mom suspects to be a Migraine. Its Enough.! 
I just cant take anymore crappy side-effects due to my over-use of computers. Also , I will start working soon. The IT industry. If I go at this rate, I just cant imagine how pathetic I would become. So , I'm fed up and finally ready to give up! That was easy. The tricky part comes when I wonder.. what to do the moment I shut down. Run back to my phone and check Instagram and Twitter updates? Yes, but other than the virtual life.. what do I have for myself? What are my hobbies? That's when it struck me I have lost every potential hobby I had. That was a rude awakening. I used to draw. Too well for a ninth grader, everyone said. But after the evolution of Orkut, it slowly started fading away. During my 11th grade stream selection, my parents were kinda convincing me to take Bio as I could draw well and it matters the most for a Bio (or future Med - my dad's untold dreams!) student. I totally wanted to get into I.T and abandoned drawing ever since. As silly it might sound , I haven't even TRIED to draw after that. 
After six solid years, here I am, trying to analyze if still have it in me to change a plain sheet (with dad's rough office scribbling on the back) , into something that my Mom files it in my ART folder.






1 comment:

  1. keep writing more. and get back to your drawing skills.. all the best :)

    A Rat's Nibble

    ReplyDelete

Did I blabber too much? Or did i not..? *wonders*